Wednesday, September 19, 2012

APPLES 2012

  
     As September rolls on by this year, Apples are the pick of the season!! Apple Crisp, Apple Pie, Apple Sauce and this year Apple Butter. My favorite eating apples are Ginger Crisp, Honey Crisp, Macoun, and Empire. My least favorite part of making apple anything is the prep work. Without the proper tools, Apple coring can be a task depending on the shape you desire. I am currently waiting on my apple corer to come in the mail. I twisted mine...


     LOL! I did that on a not so ripe apple. The tool went in but didn't come out without a fight!! Ever since I did that, the apple preparation has been hindered - at least for making Apple Rings!! So, the apples I picked on Sunday are awaiting their new corer. Until then, no rings for now. I tried to use this bent thing lastnight and it still did the job but I had to be careful not to twist it more!! Not only that but the insert that holds the twisted piece of metal actually came apart from the handle and stuck in the apple. I can't wait for my new tool to get here!!

     Do YOUR kitchen tools sometimes drive you crazy?? Which tools and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment